Monday, October 1, 2012

24 Hours

Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

How many times have I said, "There just aren't enough hours in a day!" I have so many things I want to do and know--so many books I want to read, so many responsibilities I need to fulfill--there just aren't enough hours in a day! There, I said it again.

But it's not true. There are enough hours in each day to do what God has called me to do. He wouldn't ask me to do something and create a day too short to do it! God has given me 24 precious hours every day of my life. Haw many of them have I squandered? Ouch! How many have I squandered on TV, Facebook, sleeping, eating, shopping and a thousand other ways.

Lord, help me to see each day, each hour, each moment as a precious gift from You, to be used for You. Help me to stay focused on my calling, "remembering that you have given me all the time I need to carry out your plans and purposes for my life." --Chuck Colson in How Now Shall We Live Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!