Monday, December 5, 2011

Surely the Lord is in the Place!


I read my “Jesus Calling” Devotional this morning, and it talked about Jacob when he was in the desert, fleeing for his life. (Genesis 28) When he lay down to sleep that night, all he had for a pillow was a rock. But he had a dream about the presence of God. When he woke up, he exclaimed, “Surely the Lord is in this place and I did not know it!”



The devotional continued to instruct me to proclaim those same words at times when the Lord seems so distant. Then ask Him to reveal Himself to me in that very situation. So that’s what I will do…



… when uncertainty clouds my view of the future, I will say, “Surely the Lord is in the place!”



… when fear consumes my present, I will say, “Surely the Lord is in this place!”



… when I’ve blown it and fallen into sin yet again, I will say, “Surely the Lord is in this place!”



… when life feels completely out of control and there’s nothing I can do to change things, I will say, “Surely the Lord is in this place!”



… when darkness encroaches and attempts to consume me, I will say, “Surely the Lord is in this place!”



… when self-pity launches me into a downward spiral, I will say, “Surely the Lord is in this place!”



Then I will plead with Jesus to reveal Himself to me in those desolate places, and I will praise Him and declare that He is my Unswerving Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!