Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 16 | Mark Batterson

Day 16 | Mark Batterson: Ok, just one more (for today anyway.) This is a great article on prayer and why ours are sometimes not answered. I know I've been struggling with prayer lately, and I feel like an underlying reason is that it sometimes seems hardly worth the effort. Now, before you stone me, hear me out...

The kinds of prayers I often pray are hardly worth the effort--because they're all about me, my comfort. They seem to be the kinds of prayers we default to. But real prayer, the kind that God loves to hear, is hard work... it takes time, effort and lots of emotional investment... and it's dangerous.

Are we willing to pray dangerous prayers? Those are the only ones that are worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!