Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Heart that can Break

As I continue in the study of Nehemiah, I am seeking the "LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands", (Nehemiah 1:5) I am working to muster the courage to pray the prayer I know God is calling me to pray.

I have wept, fasted and prayed and grieved so much for my children--all three of them--I want to be done. But God is not done. Thank God He is not not. He's not done with me, He's not done with my two children who have not yet entered His presence, and He's not done with a great big, hurting, starving, desperate world. There are so many things over which our hearts can break.

So, Lord, here is my prayer... Oh, this is scary, (deep breath) give... (I write with great fear and trembling) me a heart... (here I go)... [pregnant pause] that can... (another deep breath) break. There, I said it. I prayed it. Now Lord, show me where my heart should break and over what. I have one area in mind, but I really do want what you want, Lord.

I end this post expectantly. I've learned from experience that God answers prayers like this one. That's why my knees are knocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!