Monday, June 15, 2015

Hungry


As I sit here in my quiet spot, listening to the rain falling softly outside my bedroom window, I hunger for more of Jesus. I struggle to stay focused on my Bible reading. My thoughts run astray on events of the past few days, concerns for the future. But I feel an intense desire for connection. I often try to quench that desire through Facebook, text messages, and TV. But what my heart really desires is a connection with the Lord.

Why am I so quick to seek connection everywhere except where it can truly be found? I think I'll just sit here and watch the curtains blow and listen to the rain. Feeling like the presence of the Lord is in the rain this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!