Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Grace is Sufficient For You


We so often don’t understand why we must endure difficult times in life. Sometimes, it just seems that we can’t catch a break!

There have been times when I’ve felt like life continues to kick me or my friends when we're down, and I have gotten angry with God for allowing it. But I believe that God weeps when we weep, He hurts when we hurt. He hates that we have to go through tough stuff, but He’s willing to allow it because He sees the end result. He wants to do so much more for us than make us comfortable. His purposes are so much deeper than a life of ease could bring about. He loves me too much to allow me to wallow in comfort.

But the end result also depends on how I react to the trials in life.  Sarah Young, in Jesus Calling says,  “Human weakness, consecrated to Me (Jesus), is like a magnet, drawing My Power into your neediness.” I can continue in my anger at God, or I can consecrate my weakness to Him--I can declare it sacred, set it apart, see the beauty in it and turn it over to God. If I do the latter, it will be like a magnet, drawing His Power into my neediness. When that happens, I experience a supernatural event... a spiritual transformation that cannot happen any other way.

That is my unswerving hope. And it lies, not in God fixing all my problems, but in God walking with me through my neediness.

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. “ –2 Corinthians  12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!