Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dangerous Hope

My husband and I went and saw Hunger Games last weekend. I didn't think I would want to see it--I haven't read the books, and it sounded way too dark and depressing for this girl and my rose colored glasses. But I'm so glad I did.

When I listened to President Snow's words to Seneca about HOPE, I almost came out of my chair! "Hope: It is the only thing stronger than fear." He goes on to say that, in order to control the people, "a little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous."

I want to have that kind of hope. The kind that is dangerous! The kind that can pull me through anything life hands me. The kind that can encourage others to do the same. The kind of hope that overcomes any amount of darkness, sin, brokenness, and yes, even fear!

There is only one source for that kind of dangerous hope--the victory that is ours through the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To know Him, to trust Him for my every need... to look to Him instead of any other comfort... to allow Him to fill me to the point that I need nothing else... If I really, really believe what I say I believe, there is nothing that can overcome that hope--not even fear. And that is my unswerving hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!