This morning I am feeling a little lighter, breathing a little easier. I don't want to try and pick up that bus again. It's so freeing to let God handle it. It may appear on the outside that I am the one holding it up in the air, but inside, I know it's God. No matter how super-powered I think I am (or at least like to appear), no amount of straining, working, thinking or planning will ever allow me to hold up that bus.
My devotional goes on to say that if I concentrate on keeping in step with Jesus (that is the key--maybe the topic of another day's post), instead of trying to anticipate His plans for me... if I trust that His plans are to prosper me and not to harm me, I can relax and enjoy the present moment...
- I can enjoy that cup of coffee shared with my husband early in the morning
- I can enjoy curling my little girl's hair for picture day
- I can enjoy this quiet moment I have at the coffee shop before work
- I can enjoy the fulfillment of my job today
- I can enjoy the time I get to spend with my son this afternoon
- I can enjoy my interaction with friends, coworkers, and even acquaintances and strangers today