Sunday, September 23, 2012

Roughin' It

This weekend marked the first day of Fall, and our family has enjoyed every minute of it. I keep saying, "This is my idea of roughin' it!"

My husband is an outdoorsman. He loves camping, hunting and fishing. I love running water, my own shower and toilet. I want clean hair and face, and at least a touch of makeup on this 51-year old skin.

So we bought this tiny mobile home on a tiny plot of land. It has all the comforts of home for me (just on a much smaller scale) and all the outdoors my hubby needs.

I sit here this weekend, so grateful to God for allowing us this privilege. As my husband and daughter are out in the woods setting up a tree stand, I'm enjoying a WOW Worship cd, a hot cup of German Chocolate Cake flavored coffee, and a great book by one of my favorite authors. It just doesn't get any better than this. This is my idea of roughin' it! Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!