Monday, October 1, 2012

More on 24

In my devotional last week I read about time--I also wrote the previous post from that devotional. Another point Chuck Colson makes in that reading is one by Eugene Peterson that, "in the Bible a day doesn't begin at sunrise--it begins at sunset. The day begins when we go to sleep. We wake up and join God in the work of the day He began while we were sleeping. We don't begin the day; rather, we wake up and step into God's rhythm of grace, a day already in progress."

What a great concept! It's not about me me! I can rest, knowing God is at work, preparing my day for me. I don't have to make things happen, I need to observe what God is doing and join him--not the other way around. There is so much more going on than what we see around us and we must stay in tune with God and what he is doing. I love this vision that Daniel had. It gives me chills every time I read it. It makes me want to be on the same page as God and never give up. There is a conflict going on and I don't want to waste my time worrying about things I can't control. Daniel 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!