Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Noticer

I love to be noticed. I talk loudly, I laugh loudly, I even sneeze loudly. Why do I have this innate desire to be noticed?


I like to wear bright colors. I love to joke around and be the life of the party. I like high heels, even though I’m tall. Why? Because I want to be noticed!


Sometimes I’m driven to succeed. I often trample over friends and people I love to do so. God help anyone who gets in my way when I have a goal in mind. All because I want to be noticed!


I write a blog partly because I want someone to notice me. I want to be important. I want to do something that matters. I want to make a difference. I want to be noticed.


And yet, God sits quietly in the background, waiting-- waiting for me to run crying into His arms. He knows that no matter how loud I am, or how brightly dressed, no matter how funny I am, and no matter how many loved ones I trample to achieve success, either I will fail to get noticed or the attention I receive won’t fill me the way I thought it would. He sits there quietly… noticing.


God notices when I sit all alone in my chair, pouring out my heart, my grief and my joy to Him. He notices when I stand in a crowd of hundreds of people worshiping Him. He notices when I stand in a group of women, feeling invisible or inadequate. He notices when I’m serving after everyone else has gone home. He notices when I gently, lovingly care for my little girl. He notices when I defer to and give my husband the respect he longs for and deserves.


Why do I crave the attention of people when I already have the attention of All Mighty God? Why would I ever want anything more than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you think and how I can pray for you. Most of us are carrying some pretty heavy baggage and the good news is, you don't have to carry it alone! You can lay it at the feet of Jesus, and sometimes we need help just letting go of our baggage and not picking it up again. We're in this together!